Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Color Challenge with Instyle Stamps!

Instyle Stamps has a color challenge for you to try today! Here is the picture we are using. You have lots of blues and greens to work with!

I knew I wanted to make an underwater card but wasn't sure where to start. I used Sofie, who is available in digital and rubber form at ISS. Sofie was colored with copics and prisma pencils. I printed her twice and cut her out to give her a 3d effect.

I thought Sofie definitely needed to be underwater and since I recently bought some watercolor paper I decided to use it as the my card base. I used my marvy le plum II pens and a watercolor brush to paint the sea. I have to say, that was so much fun to do. After the paint dried I covered the front of the card with glitter glue. I then cut the seaweed by hand and colored them with a dark green prisma marker to give it some shadows. I then used my Sakura glitter pen to add some sparkle. The air bubbles are hole puncher scraps I saved. I painted the corners blue and added some glossy accents to give the bubbles a 3d effect. I finally added some shells I had in my stash and stamped the thank you sentiment. I love this card, when you hold it the glitter gives it a "magical glow" that I wasn't able to catch on camera. Hope you join us for the color challenge at Instyle Stamps Blog!




You don't have to use ISS images to enter our challenges but if you do use an ISS image and win you get 4 images of your choice, if you don't have an ISS image and win you still get to choose 2 images from the store! Happy Creating!

Supplies:
Image: Sofie by Instyle Stamps
Paper: Strathmore watercolor cold press 300g/m
Coloring: Aqua-flo brush, prisma markers/pencils, copics, marvy le plum II markers
Misc: Sakura Gelly Roll "clear star" , Studio G Glitter Glue

2 comments:

Do What You Love said...

WOW! This card is amazing! I love the background; definitely underwater and the seashells - these are super fabulous! I love the bubbles made from Crystal effects (I love that stuff). Your image is really grand, colored so wonderfully! Thank you for stopping by my blog, Axa and leaving such wonderful comments - it really put a boost in my day!

Taylor said...

ooooh, I love this! Wowza!